POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Planned Y2K disasters? : Re: Planned Y2K disasters? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planned Y2K disasters?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Dec 1999 15:29:27
Message: <384acb27@news.povray.org>
In article <384AC0A9.A404B144@my-dejanews.com> , "Greg M. Johnson"
<gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:

> Will there be any trimming of posts from the povray server?  Or is what
> I "see" only on my hard disk??   I notice that most groups on the povray
> server only go back to around 1/99.

Yes, because you did not download all articles :-)  Currently povray.general
for example has over 16000 (!!!) messages.

Please read povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions "Welcome to the
POV-Ray News Server !", section "Message Storage".

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.